Peb post determines its name from the Goddess ‘Pebi’. It is additionally called Vikatgad in light of the fact that its apex is apparently fit as a fiddle of the Elephant headed god – Ganesha. The stronghold lies in the Matheran range itself and is contiguous Matheran. It is a simple trek, with the somewhat troublesome parts being the little shaky patch and a stepping stool. There are caves to stay in which the devotees of Swami Samartha can reside.
How to Reach
By Train from Neral station :
• Take the Neral Railway Station (Central Railway Route)
• Pass the ticket booking counter and then take a right.
• You may either take a cab or walk until you reach the main road.
• The city cab may drop you at the trek base village Anandwadi – Fanaswadi
• You can either walk your way thru the village or hire a guide from village it takes 3 hours to complete this trek.
• It is best to stay stuffed with essentials. You should carry water and food along with you
• Once you trek up towards Matheran Panorama point From Matheran Panorama point you can reach the cave within 6 hours.
You can hire back a taxi returning from Matheran once you are done with your trek. The drive back to your matheran would charge a minimum of Rs. 50 per head.